In today’s technology-driven world, data is often the engine that drives business operations and security decisions.
And when it comes to deciding on how to best protect what matters most to an organization – people, property, and information – security managers and operators turn to data that is generated by a multitude of systems and solutions, including:
- Access control
- Alarm notifications
- and more
However, these systems generate mountains of data that can often be overwhelming and difficult to understand.
Too much data to handle
When security operators are overseeing operations in the command & control room, they receive information from many different sources and dashboards. When an incident occurs, it can be almost impossible to capture the right information at the right time, extract the right insights, and fully understand in a timely manner the event that is unfolding, its significance, and what actions need to be taken.
With the abundance of data points that feed information into the command & control room, and with manual processes often being the only means for synchronizing events across every security component, event investigation quickly becomes burdensome and ineffective. Moreover, relying on manual processes can actually increase risk. This is because, as we know, manual processes are time-consuming and error-prone.
Going above and beyond
For operators to make quick, data-driven decisions and deploy effective responses to given situations, they need a more holistic view. They need a view that connects the dots and breaks down data silos, and which presents a complete picture of what’s happening across the entire threat landscape. Traditional video management system (VMS) solutions that you find in most command & control centers can’t deliver on this need, because they only offer the ability to view and manage surveillance cameras. But in today’s complex threat landscape, where immediate and strategic insights are always in demand, security operators need solutions that go above and beyond traditional approaches if they are to be more efficient, effective, and proactive.
The key to being able to connect the dots is video-based command & control that:
- Correlates data from all sensors and alarms
- Delivers a single, consolidated view of the threat landscape
- Provides real-time insights for quick action
How Cognyte can help
This is exactly what our solutions are doing for security operation centers all over the world. Our security analytics software maximizes security understanding and optimizes actions, by fusing, analyzing, and visualizing disparate data sets at scale so you can find the needle in the haystack. We also enable security operators to easily share information and insights with external agencies, employees, citizens, and first responders, which is especially critical when rapid response is paramount.
Among the benefits of this approach are:
- Gaining a complete understanding of the security situation through the combination of enterprise-grade video management, dynamic GIS maps, sophisticated event management, and extensive bi-directional integrations to security systems.
- Ensuring contextual visibility and control over events through live and recorded video, as well as other data types, and through graphical visualization of related devices and their state.
- Accelerated response that is driven by data received from connected systems, a powerful rules engine that automatically manages events and executes actions, and sophisticated alarm management.
To learn more about how Cognyte can help you take your command and control operations to the next level, we invite you to read all about it here.