At Cognyte we create mind-blowing investigative analytics software to speed up investigations and allow customers to detect and respond to real security threats like terror, crime, fraud, cyber threats, crypto crime, and more.
We did a spinoff in early 2021 and are independently traded on Nasdaq. We’re young, develop cutting-edge technology, and we’re going far, fast.
So, if you rock at Satellite Communications within Teleport facilities, and want in on the action, let’s talk!
As SATCOM Teleport Engineer you’ll make an impact on
- Provide SATCOM subject matter expertise consultation for existing and new implementations.
- Setup and day to day maintenance of the SATCOM & RF equipment including periodic health check and preventive maintenance procedures, daily sanity, first level analysis, firmware & SW upgrade, configuration and communicating with Teleport site teams.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain appliances, operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with Product Support & Development to implement fixes.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ability to summarize complex problems, solutions in a customer-oriented fashion, with good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple assignments and availability to work beyond office hours.
Your tool box
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related subject - MSc will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a SATCOM Teleport/Earth Station Engineer, Data Centers & Network Operations Center.
- Knowledge and experience in SATCOM systems design, RF transmissions, modems, bandwidth management, network design, and related standards.
- Experience with different network technologies such as DVB-RCS, iDirect, Newtec, Gilat, Hughes, Advantech.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience for the testing of RF communications equipment, earth station/terminal systems, including antenna and tracking systems, transmit and receive chains, modems, network management and control, cryptographic equipment.
- Technical experience with OS (Windows and Linux) and LAN & WAN communication equipment.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Self-learner based on manuals and open source.
- Driving Licence
We believe that diverse teams drive the greatness of ideas, products, and companies. Whatever your race, gender, age, creed, or taste in music – if you’ve got the drive, commitment, and dedication to be the best, do your best, and work with the best, then come join us. We’re waiting for you.
Curious? Apply now.
Start the adventure