One of the biggest challenges for cyber security teams is to have a good risk management policy, since in real-life it is impossible to patch every vulnerability once it is discovered. In this report we point you to the CVEs that were popular among threat actors on the Dark and Deep Web during the past year.
Our researchers have examined 15 different Deep and Dark Web forums in English, Russian, Turkish, Chinese and Spanish, analyzing CVE-related posts that were published between January 01, 2020 and March 01, 2021.
What we discovered:
- The percentage of CVEs mentioned in 15 Dark Web forums in multiple languages that were disclosed in 2020
- The percentage of CVEs that were disclosed in 2019
- Which CVEs received the highest number of posts
- Which CVEs were most prominent in the various foreign-language forums: Russian, Chinese, English and Turkish
- Which CVE was mentioned the most in all forums
- Which CVE is the most recently mentioned, as opposed to the oldest
Download the full report to learn more about how we define the CVEs’ popularity and update your patching priorities.