We are Cognyte, the global leader in investigative analytics software, and we are looking for an exceptional and passionate a R&D Director and a site CTO to join our fast-growing analytics team in a strategic management role and to help our passionate R&D team in Sofia scale to the next level.
If you want to apply your expertise and well-honed skills in Engineering Management, Cloud Technologies, and Software Product Development, and:
- are driven by curiosity,
- thrive on solving the most complex security challenges, and
- want a unique opportunity to grow and contribute
- in an exciting and rewarding environment
then we want to meet you!
Your impact as an R&D Director
- Being in charge of our core enrichment stack with multiple autonomous dev squads/feature teams
- Championing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor to team members and other technical leads of how to achieve top execution velocity while keeping a healthy work-life balance
- Working closely with Product, Architects, and our other senior R&D leaders to build the foundation for our product offerings
- Developing roadmaps & strategies that accelerate feature development for our teams
- Leading a passionate, agile engineering team to deliver features and improvements to our product that is high quality, scalable, and secure
- Providing technical expertise throughout all phases of the development lifecycle to help drive the product roadmap
- Retaining, hiring, and continuously growing top engineering talent teams
- Proactively identifying ways to continually improve the quality of our products and the efficiency of our team
- Defining, tracking, and reporting on key performance indicators to determine support effectiveness and efficiency
Your impact as a site CTO
- Building and maintain a technological excellence center in the Bulgarian site.
- Supporting all Cognyte R&D VPs that have teams in Bulgaria achieve R&D excellence by:
- Mentoring and coaching to achieve technical leadership and engineering excellence in order to reach the next level in their professionalism.
- Fostering innovation culture
- Suggesting process improvements
- Supporting the R&D recruitment process in the site to ensure we hire the best technical people.
Your tool box
- 5+ years of Engineering Management experience, leading multiple teams using agile methodologies
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends for enterprise-scale, distributed systems
- Experience in leading innovation projects and products
- Experience working in a global company in a senior role
- A positive get it done attitude and the ability to effectively prioritize and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to recruit/develop technical team members and inspire/motivate an engineering team to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit.
- Passionate about building teams that focus on delivering the best possible customer experience with performance, scalability, security, and efficiency in mind
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- An endlessly curious mind
- Experience in big data analytics, structured and unstructured data and machine learning
- Patent filling experience
- CTO or lead architect background
Why Cognyte is your perfect match
We’re a values-driven business with a strong passion for innovation that makes a meaningful impact on the world around us. We are calling out to YOU - the curious minds of the world, who are looking to break new ground and bring innovative ideas to life.
If this describes you, we could be your perfect match!
Curious? Apply now.